the previous owner did the restoration process to the paint where rusted panels
were replaced and the car painted there is still a lot remaining. This is a list
off the top of my head so there are probably quite a few more items. Items in
green I have completed, items in
yellow mean I have started work on it perhaps only acquired the part(s),
orange mean I have previously
completed the repair but the problem has resurfaced, and items in
mean I am not a happy camper. As time and money permit I continue working on the
- Doors poorly aligned cannot close
with windows up. Adjust windows.
- No key for doors - Removed lock
and had key made.
- Bullseye emblem missing from rear
panel. - Purchased and Installed
- Paint chipped on both doors.
Other misc. blemishes. - Touched up
- Molding on drivers door loose,
need new clip. - New clip
- Need to replace grill with a '73
AMX grill, purchased but needs work before installing.
- Drip rail molding missing on
both sides, purchased needs polishing and installation.
- Frame (Unibody) appears bent (too
high right rear).
- Molding on hood dinged up, needs replacement.
- Molding around right rear wheel bent, needs to be replaced.
- Side marker lights cracked
- Headlights have a rusty look and
need to be replaced.
- Turn signal lights scratched
needed color sanding and buffing.
- Rear bumper dinged and
scratched needs to be rechromed.
- Go back to original 15" 8
slot rally wheels.
- Overspray on windows needs
- Overspray in wheel wells needs removal.
- Add a front spoiler.
- AMX emblems in poor shape need
to be airbrushed with red, white, and blue.
- Repaint silver rings around tail
- Armrests either ripped away
from upper door panel. Perhaps can glue and replace plastic armrest cups.
- Drivers door panels for remote control mirror but mirror is not.
Replace panels or mirror.
- Lower door panels cracked need to repair.
- Horn button don't work, missing
- Passenger window won't roll up
need to repair bushing.
- Screws falling out throughout interior need to get inserts for better
- Carpet fits poorly especially
over drive line hump and has some worn spots, replace.
- Headlight switch knob peeling,
needs to be replaced.
- Dome light don't work.
- Dash lights out. Fix dimmer
- Dash right turn signal light is
- Dash does not fit real well especially with respect to upper door
- Wire connecting handle to latch
to allow entry to rear seats is broken on both front seats. Repaired
passenger side with picture hanging wire.
- Trunk divider missing.
- Package shelf needs replacement.
- Brake light on because no
fluid is in secondary (rear wheels) master cylinder reservoir. It appears
master cylinder is leaking. Replaced and bled system.
- Occasionally transmission gets
stuck in neutral, it cannot be shifted into any gear except reverse which
grinds during this time. Shutting engine off allows shifting again.
Replaced flywheel to resolve this issue.
- Hard to turn over when engine is
warm to much advance, weak battery or bad starter. New battery
- Car kills sometimes appears to be
loose wiring maybe a bad ignition box. Repaired loose wiring.
- Exhaust pipes/muffler bent and
rusted. Need to be replaced.
- Power steering box leaking power
steering fluid, need to replace.
- Hard to start when engine is
cold, need to hook up electric choke.
- Idle way to high, set down.
- Back up lights out bulbs appear
ok need to replace reverse switch again.
- Charcoal canister missing,
replace for better stock look and emissions test.
- Windshield wipers move at a
crawl probably need to replace motor.
- Oil pressure low at around 20 psi
when warm and off idle. Wait to rebuild engine when I have the money.
- Oil pooling on the intake
manifold around bolts to heads appears to be a lot of blow by. Use sealer
- Engine leaking oil from rear
seal. Replaced but now leaking again after 8 years.
- Windshield washer reservoir and
pump are missing, need to get parts and install.
- Clock not running.
- Left turn signal does not turn off
after completion of turn. Replaced switch.
- Speedometer seems to need a rebuild bounces all over the place.
- Shocks all around, rears ok but
too harsh for my needs.
- Replace sagging rear springs.
- Noise on tight left hand turns
like the tail pipe is dragging. Wheel rubbing on mud flap altered flap to
- Overheating. Replaced cooling
system radiator, thermostat, water pump, hoses and fluid.
- Licensed and titled in
- Obtain insurance coverage.
- Fluid change for engine oil,
transmission, and differential. Quite dirty.
- Inspect ball joints and steering
linkages. Needed to replace strut rod bushings.
- Align front end.
- EGR valve removed look at replacing for emissions testing.
- Incorrect air cleaner assembly
need one with cowl induction.
- Paint engine compartment more
thoroughly to match body color.
- Paint engine valve covers/oil
pan AMC engine blue.